We have some classes available here as CDs.
The full list of classes is on the MP3 Download page.
How to order: The disks from four workshops are listed below. Click on the “Add to Cart” icon of the disk set you want to purchase. To order more than one set, click the “Continue Shopping” icon on the PAYPAL shopping cart page, and add other disk sets to your cart until your shopping cart is complete. Then click one of the “Proceed to Checkout” icons shown below and the shipping costs for your order will be calculated and added automatically.
All orders are shipped by priority mail. Shipping/handling fees are as follows:
$6 for one set of CDs — $11 for 2-3 sets $16 for 4-5 sets — $20 for 6 sets or more
For international orders, $20 will be added to the above rates. Not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Please use the PayPal or Shambhala Books links below to order online.
12 LECTURES $75
(Order through PayPal )
This most popular class is about:
- What intimacy really involves and how to know we love or are loved
- The phases of relating: romance, conflict, commitment
- How to tell if we are cut out for close intimate relating
- What fears of abandonment and engulfment are and how to deal with them
- How to distinguish true anger from manipulation and abuse
- How to maintain personal boundaries and self-respect
- How to distinguish caring / caretaking, healthy conflict / stressful drama
- What happens when romance or sex becomes addiction
- How to recognize ourselves and our partners as introverts or extraverts
- How to let go of ego so that mutual love can flourish
- How to address, process, and resolve conflicts
- How to handle hurt without retaliating
- How to deal with fear, jealousy, infidelity, disillusionment, and abuse
- How to know when it is time for a major change or an ending
- How to be mindful, compassionate, and fearlessly loving while living through the complex challenges of daily relationships
12 LECTURES $75
(Order through PayPal )
Our lively energy is inhibited by fear and we are so often needlessly on the defensive. What are the origins and meanings of our fears, panic attacks, and phobias? We notice especially our fears of self-disclosure, of others’ feelings, of giving/receiving, of comings/goings, of aloneness or intimacy. We peer into the Void: that terrifying personal underworld where nothing works and nothing seems to matter. We learn how to handle panic attacks. We notice how fear debits our lively energy and we find ways to refresh it. We explore how guilt and shame can hurt or help us. We find ways to free ourselves from the grip of fear through the “triple A technique”: admit we are afraid, allow ourselves to feel it fully, and act so that it does not stop or drive us. We use affirmations that open the courage in our hearts and liberate us from our many fears. We may always feel fear but we are no longer fear-based.
SYNCHRONICITY AND SPIRITUALITY
Synchronicity is the meaningful coincidence or connection of events or relationships that can influence the course of our life. We meet those who teach us who we are and what we can be. We face our destiny and participate in it rather than fall into a fate that may hurt us. As we respond to the messages in synchronicity, awkward jolts become graceful transitions and stops become steps. In this series we also explore the meaning of spiritual growth. We look at how religion has figured into our lives. We look at ways to recover from any negative impact it may have or have had. We look at how we can find value in religious archetypes and how they can help us enrich our spirituality. The series ends with affirmations to raise our self-esteem and advance in spiritual consciousness.
The following sets of CDs are available directly from the publishers:
Making Love Last:
This is a lively one-day workshop on relationship issues given by David Richo at Spirit Rock Retreat Center in California. Some of the topics are:
In this live presentation of a retreat at Spirit Rock Buddhist Retreat Center, David Richo provides a detailed and straightforward vision of what faith and spirituality can look like in adult consciousness.
How to Be an Adult in Relationships
Book on CDs read by author Shambhala Press — 8 CDs, 9 hours, $69.95
“Most people think of love as a feeling,” says David Richo, “but love is not so much a feeling as a way of being present.” In this book, Richo offers a fresh perspective on love and relationships—one that focuses not on finding an ideal mate, but on becoming a more loving and realistic person. Drawing on the Buddhist concept of mindfulness, How to Be an Adult in Relationships explores five hallmarks of mindful loving and how they play a key role in our relationships throughout life:
- Attention to the present moment; observing, listening, and noticing all the feelings at play in our relationships.
- Acceptance of ourselves and others just as we are.
- Appreciation of all our gifts, our limits, our longings, and our poignant human predicament.
- Affection shown through holding and touching in respectful ways.
- Allowing life and love to be just as they are, with all their ecstasy and ache, without trying to take control.
When deeply understood and applied, these five simple concepts—what Richo calls the five A’s—form the basis of mature love. They help us to move away from judgment, fear, and blame to a position of openness, compassion, and realism about life and relationships. By giving and receiving these five A’s, relationships become deeper and more meaningful, and they become a ground for personal transformation.
Embracing The Shadow: Discovering The Hidden Riches In Our Relationships
(Set of 4 CD’s, Shambhala, 2013
Most of us have noticed that our shadow side comes out in relationships as nowhere else. We can work with our unskillful tendencies toward one another. We can tame our hurtful words and retaliatory impulses. We can work with them creatively and grow because of them. We then notice our projections onto one another and withdraw them. Our dark side also includes many positive qualities that are hidden even from ourselves. We can find the gifts we might not yet have dared to recognize or show. Our befriending of our positive and negative shadow sides makes true closeness possible. Working with the dark rather than in it lets the light of intimacy through.